Friday, July 31, 2026

Disney Wish in Europe? 5 New Mediterranean Ports You Can Sail to in Summer 2027

 

Disney Wish in Europe? 5 New Mediterranean Ports You Can Sail to in Summer 2027

A high-quality, realistic photography style image of the Disney Wish cruise ship sailing through the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean Sea at sunset. In the background, picturesque European coastal town with white-washed buildings and terracotta roofs nestled against lush green hills.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been refreshing the Disney Cruise Line announcements every single day waiting for this news. It’s finally official! The Disney Wish, which has been charming families in the Caribbean since her debut, is packing her bags and heading across the Atlantic for her very first season in Europe for summer 2027.

I’ll be honest, I did a little happy dance when I saw the itineraries. For the longest time, we’ve loved seeing the Disney Dream or the Disney Magic navigate those stunning European coastlines, but seeing the Disney Wish in the Mediterranean? That is a game-changer. It’s the perfect blend of modern luxury, high-tech storytelling, and the timeless beauty of the Old World.

As a Disney travel agent, I’ve already had clients calling me to ask, "Which ports are brand new?" and "How do I choose between the fjords and the sunshine?" Today, I’m breaking down 5 of the most exciting ports, including some brand-new additions to the Disney map, that you can visit aboard the Disney Wish in 2027.

⚓ 1. Trieste (Venice), Italy

One of the most exciting "firsts" for the 2027 season is the inclusion of Trieste. If you’ve ever dreamt of sailing into the heart of the Adriatic, this is your moment. Trieste serves as a stunning gateway to the Venice area, but it’s a destination all its own.

I noticed that many seasoned cruisers are thrilled about this change. Trieste offers a more relaxed, authentic Italian atmosphere than some of the busier hubs. You can wander through the Piazza UnitΓ  d'Italia, which is one of the largest sea-facing squares in Europe, and sip a rich Italian espresso while watching the waves.

  • Pro Tip: If you want to visit Venice, most excursions from Trieste will involve a scenic train or coach ride. I recommend booking your port adventure early to ensure you get that iconic gondola experience!
  • The Vibe: Elegant, historical, and deeply romantic.
  • Best For: History buffs and coffee lovers.

🌊 2. Zadar, Croatia

I have to say, Zadar is the "hidden gem" of the 2027 Mediterranean itineraries. While many cruises stop in Dubrovnik (which is also spectacular), the Disney Wish is making a brand-new call to Zadar, and it’s a place of pure magic.

One thing you cannot miss is the Sea Organ. It’s an architectural sound art object that plays music by way of sea waves and tubes located underneath a set of large marble steps. It’s absolutely haunting and beautiful. I missed out on seeing it during my last private trip to the region, and it’s at the top of my list for 2027!

Picturesque European coastal scene at sunset with pastel skies, rocky shoreline, and historic stone buildings.

Expert Advice: If your family loves nature, look for excursions to Krka National Park. The waterfalls there are like something out of a fairy tale, perfect for those "main character" vacation photos.

πŸ”️ 3. Hellesylt, Norway

Okay, I know the title says "Mediterranean," but I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't mention Hellesylt. This is the third brand-new port for Disney Cruise Line in 2027, and it’s the jewel of the Norwegian Fjords.

When the Disney Wish sails into the Geirangerfjord, you’ll want to be on the upper deck with a warm blanket and a camera. The cliffs are sheer, the water is a deep emerald green, and the waterfalls: like the famous Seven Sisters: are breathtaking. It’s a complete contrast to the sun-drenched beaches of Italy, but equally magical.

  • Why it's special: This is the first time the Disney Wish will tackle the cooler northern waters, offering a whole new atmosphere for the ship’s onboard activities.
  • Activity Idea: Look for hiking tours or small-boat explorations that get you close to the base of the waterfalls.

πŸ›️ 4. Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

While Civitavecchia isn't a "new" port for Disney, it serves as the homeport for some of the most exciting new itineraries on the Disney Wish. As the gateway to Rome, it’s often the starting or ending point of your journey, and I always tell my clients: "Do not just rush to the ship!"

Rome is a city that requires a bit of planning. Whether you want to see the Colosseum, the Vatican, or just eat your weight in gelato near the Trevi Fountain, having a plan is key. I’ve helped dozens of families navigate the logistics of getting from the port to the city center, and it’s one of those times where a cruise travel agent really saves the day.

Panoramic view of Rome’s historic skyline featuring iconic domes and classic architecture.

I'll be writing a full guide on "Rome in a Day" soon, but for now, remember that the Disney Wish offers a variety of port adventures that take the stress out of navigating the "Eternal City" with kids in tow.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡· 5. Mykonos, Greece

No Mediterranean summer is complete without the white-washed buildings and blue domes of the Greek Isles. Mykonos is a standout stop on the Disney Wish's 2027 rotation. It’s chic, it’s vibrant, and it’s incredibly photogenic.

I’ve noticed that families often worry about Mykonos being too much of a "party island," but during the day, it is delightful for all ages. Walking through the narrow, winding streets of Chora (the main town) feels like being inside a maze designed by an artist.

  • Top Tip: Head to the famous windmills for a photo, then find a little cafe in "Little Venice" for lunch.
  • The Food: You haven't lived until you've had authentic Greek gyros and honey-drizzled loukoumades by the sea.

A sunlit view of Santorini’s iconic white and pastel cliffside homes and sparkling blue Aegean Sea.

Why Plan Your 2027 Adventure with a Disney Cruise Line Travel Agent?

I know it’s tempting to just hop online and click "book," but when it comes to a major trip like a European cruise, the details matter. That’s where we come in! At Regal Scenic Journeys, we live and breathe travel logistics so you don't have to.

When you work with a Disney travel agent, you’re getting:

  • Complimentary Planning Services: We are paid by the travel suppliers (like Disney), which means you get our expertise at no extra cost. You pay exactly what you’d pay Disney directly, but you get a real person to help you.
  • Insider Perks: We know the ships inside and out. Want to know which deck on the Disney Wish is the quietest? Or which dining rotation is the best? We’ve got the answers.
  • Stress-Free Logistics: From arranging private transfers in Rome to helping you navigate the referral rewards program (where you can earn $25 Amazon gift cards for referring friends!), we handle the heavy lifting.
  • Full Support: If a flight is delayed or a tour is canceled, you don’t have to wait on hold with a call center. You call us, and we fix it.

A joyful couple enjoys a sunny day on a boat with a scenic city shoreline in the background.

The 2027 season is going to be incredibly popular, especially with the Disney Wish making her debut. Booking early is the best way to secure the best staterooms and the most competitive pricing.

I’d love to help you plan your family’s most magical summer yet. Whether you’re dreaming of the Croatian coast or the Italian sun, let’s make it happen!

Ready to start your journey?

Contact Regal Scenic Journeys today:

I can't wait to hear which port is at the top of your wish list!
Regal Scenic Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Stay-at-Home Mom to Travel Advisor: Your Dream Career Awaits

  From Stay-at-Home Mom to Travel Advisor: Your Dream Career Awaits If you are reading this while juggling carpool schedules, packing school...