Splash Into Adventure: NCL’s Great Tides Waterpark Sales Open TODAY!

☀️ Can you hear that? It’s the sound of a thousand splash pads calling your name! If you’ve been waiting for the ultimate upgrade to your Norwegian Cruise Line vacation, the moment has finally arrived.
Today is May 28, 2026, and I have some absolutely thrilling news to share with all my fellow sun-seekers and thrill-seekers. NCL has officially opened the gates: virtually, at least: for their brand-new Great Tides Waterpark on Great Stirrup Cay.
If you’ve followed my travels, you know I’m a sucker for a good island day, and this new addition is set to change the game for the Bahamas. Whether you’re a "read a book by the shore" type or a "how many slides can I do in an hour" type, this news is for you.
🏝️ The Wait is Finally Over
I’ve been keeping a close eye on the construction updates at Great Stirrup Cay, and let me tell you, the progress is stunning. This isn't just a couple of plastic slides; it's a world-class water destination designed to make your port day unforgettable.
Beginning TODAY, you can officially secure your spot for the grand opening season. The waterpark is scheduled to be fully operational for all ship calls on or after September 4, 2026.
I noticed that the very first lucky guests will be those aboard the Norwegian Luna sailing on August 31, which hits the island right on opening day. Imagine being among the first to experience those brand-new slides!

🎢 What’s Waiting for You at Great Tides?
The Great Tides Waterpark is designed as a high-energy hub located right on the island. While Great Stirrup Cay already offers beautiful complimentary beaches and the Great Life Lagoon, this new park is a dedicated, extra-cost experience for those who want more action.
Here is a quick look at what’s included with your entry:
- Full Access: Unlimited use of the massive slide towers and family play areas.
- Amenities: Complimentary use of lockers and towels (so leave those bulky ship towels in your stateroom!).
- Dining: Exclusive park-side dining options so you don't have to trek back to the main buffet.
- Relaxation: Lounge chairs and umbrellas are available throughout the park for when you need a breather.
I personally can't wait to check out the eight kid-friendly slides and the dedicated splash zones. It’s perfect for families who want to keep the little ones entertained while the bigger "kids" (and by that, I definitely mean myself) tackle the high-speed attractions.
🛶 Day Passes vs. Private Cabanas: Which is for You?
This is where I get to put on my cruise travel agent hat and help you do the math. When you log into your MyNCL account today, you’ll see two main ways to experience the park.
✨ The Day Pass: This is your standard ticket to the fun. Prices vary by sailing, so you’ll want to check your specific cruise for the latest rates. Remember, children aged 3 and under are free, but they still need to be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
✨ The Private Cabana: This is the real "pro tip" for groups. These cabanas accommodate up to six guests and: here is the best part: the price includes waterpark admission for all six people!
If you have a group of friends or a large family, the cabana often provides incredible value. Plus, you get some pretty sweet perks:
- A shaded, private home base for the whole day.
- A bottle of sparkling wine and a fruit basket to keep the vibes high.
- Chips, salsa, and bottled water for everyone.
- Dedicated bar service so you never have to leave your lounge chair.

🌊 A Note on Logistics and Booking
Since I’m all about making your life easier, let’s talk about how to actually get your hands on these tickets. Norwegian has made it pretty straightforward, but you’ll want to act fast because these will sell out.
You can book directly through your MyNCL account online or via the app. I strongly recommend pre-booking as early as possible. NCL allows you to reserve up to two days before you sail, but waiting until you're on the ship is a risky move: once the passes are gone, they're gone!
Also, if you have Free at Sea shore excursion credits, I have some good news. You can apply those credits toward a Great Tides Waterpark Cabana! Unfortunately, they can’t be used for the standalone day passes, which is another reason why the cabana is such a winner in my book.
🛳️ Why Work With a Cruise Travel Agent?
I know what you’re thinking: "Penny, can't I just click 'buy' on my own?" Of course you can! But that’s where the Regal Scenic Journeys difference comes in.
As your cruise travel agent, I don’t just book a cabin and wish you luck. I stay up-to-date on these "open today" alerts so you don't have to. I can help you weigh the cost of a cabana versus individual passes based on your group's specific needs and ages.
I also handle the "what-ifs." If your itinerary changes or if the weather decides not to cooperate, having a professional in your corner means you aren't stuck on hold with a call center. We handle the logistics so you can focus on which slide you're going down first.

🕒 Important Reminders for Your Trip
Before you run off to grab your credit card, here are a few tiny details I noticed in the fine print that you should know. Safety first, right?
Height and weight requirements are in place for the slides. These range from 36" to 48" for height, so make sure to measure the kiddos before you promise them the moon. Also, children aged 4 to 13 must be accompanied by a ticketed guest who is at least 18 years old.
Even if you decide not to do the waterpark, Great Stirrup Cay is still a paradise. But let's be honest: those slides look way too fun to pass up! I’ll be writing more about the specific slides and dining menus once the park officially opens this fall.
💖 Ready to Make a Splash?
I am so excited for this new chapter of NCL cruising. It’s moves like this that keep me coming back to Norwegian year after year: they really know how to level up the guest experience.
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by the options or just want to make sure your 2026 vacation is perfectly planned, I’d love to help. We offer complimentary planning services, meaning you get my expertise and support at no extra cost to you.

Ready to start planning your next getaway? Whether it's a family reunion on the Norwegian Luna or a romantic escape to the Caribbean, I’m here to make it happen. Stay inspired and keep dreaming of those turquoise waters!
Let’s Get You There:
I’d love to chat about your next adventure and help you navigate these new Great Tides bookings!
- View My Digital Business Card: https://popl.co/profile/regalscenicjourneys
- Give Me a Call: 1-810-297-1523
- Contact Kim Frink: Kim Frink, CEO & Travel Advisor
- Visit Us Online: Regal Scenic Journeys
Stay sunny,
Penny
Regal Scenic Journeys Blog Writer
No comments:
Post a Comment